Career & Technical Education at Norco College is proud to announce the formation of an Internship and Work Experience program dedicated to providing local employers with job placement services aimed at matching the needs of your business with qualified Norco College students. The goal of this program is to develop and facilitate relationships between local employers and Norco College students in an effort to bridge the gap between school and work.
Employer benefits from our services:
- Pre-screened, qualified and enthusiastic job applicants.
- Short-term employees to assist current employees.
- Increase in productivity.
- Identify potential future hires.
- Low cost method of training potential future employees.
- Provides your organization with fresh ideas and up to date industry knowledge.
- Give back to the community and enhance the local workforce.
- Help students gain experience, develop skills, network, strengthen resumes, learn about a career, and assess their interests and abilities.
Participating businesses and non-profits have the opportunity to test out potential employees by offering internship opportunities while they are still enrolled in a degree or certificate program. This means students will be studying up to date industry curriculum as well as learning hands on with your company. Employers have the opportunity to interview and select candidates for each placement offered. This saves organizations substantial money in recruitment costs.
By creating relationships with your business, Career & Technical Education also hopes to gain a better understanding of your hiring needs to better prepare students for entry into their chosen field. You also have the opportunity to participate in on campus recruitment events to connect with students and faculty directly. Your industry knowledge is a valuable tool in the professional development of students.
For more information please contact:
Employment Placement Coordinator, Career & Technical Education